Tuesday, August 24, 2010

La Jolla Walking Trail

I'm very lucky to live in San Diego where the weather is almost always perfect and the ocean is just a hop, skip and a jump away.  I've realized that after hiking through Balboa Park, I'd much rather enjoy an ocean view while I try to burn a few calories.

After a some research, I discovered there is a walking trail in La Jolla.  It takes you from La Jolla Shores to La Jolla Cove and vice versa.  We started out at the Cove and walked about 30 minutes until we reached La Jolla Shores. Part of the walk was supposed to be on the beach, but the tide was too high.  Maybe next time!  The trail was easy and a little too short, but the views make up for the lack of calories burned. 

Bench with view of Cove

La Jolla Cove

Walking Bridge

View from the trail
Viewpoint above Cave

La Jolla Cave (those tiny dots are kayaks)

Lifeguard Box
La Jolla Cove


0 comments:

Post a Comment