Friday, March 11, 2011

Couch to 5K Week 6

Starting a running program is as hard as dieting.  There is no easy way and it's something you must work on almost every day.   I really struggled with motivation when I first started this program and I would even get a little anxious when I would start a workout knowing in five minutes I would have to start running.  After two plus months of the Couch to 5K training now the walking intervals seem invasive to my stride.  It's quite amazing to think that in January I could barely run 60 seconds without feeling completely winded and now I'm running in intervals of ten minutes and even going 20 minutes straight.  I still haven't mastered running and have 3 more weeks of training which happens to coincide with my first 5K! 

Week 6 increases from a 30 minute workout to 34 minutes.  Here is the breakdown of Week 6 training, workouts 1 and 2.

Workout 1 - 5 minute warm up, jog 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, jog 8 minutes, walk 3 minutes, jog 5 minutes, 5 minute cool down. 


Week 6, Workout 1


 Workout 2 - 5 minute warm up, jog 10 minutes, walk 3 minutes, jog 10 minutes, 5 minute cool down.

Week 6 Workout 2  

Workout 3 will be jogging 25 minutes with no walk breaks.  I will check back in on Monday when I complete that workout!

0 comments:

Post a Comment