Monday, March 28, 2011

Couch to 5K - Week 6 and beyond

I have a confession to make.  Two confessions, actually.  The first is a little embarrassing..... I listen to teenage pop music while I run.  Yes, this includes Kate Perry, Ke$ha, Black Eyed Peas, Far East Movement and Lady Gaga.  Artists I normally don't listen to or even know their music but somehow I need it in order to run for 30 minutes straight.  To keep me musically balanced and so I don't feel like I've lost all taste in music I mix in a little Cut Copy,  Hot Chip, Daft Punk and LCD Soundsystem. 

And here's my second confession.  I skipped Week 8.  At the end of Week 6, I was jogging 20 minutes, Week 7 was 25 minutes.  Week 8 is 28 minutes and Week 9 is 30 minutes.  So, I just skipped right over Week 8 because I knew I could add on another 5 minutes.  That extra five minutes was one of the longest 5 minute stretches of my life, but I slowed down just a little and kept on jogging.  This week I will slowly add on two minutes so that by Sunday I'm jogging 36 minutes straight which is 3 miles!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

hi :)
i stumbled on your blog looking up info/reviews of C25K Wk6. May I ask what app you are using to track your pace/distance and such? Thank you for your time.
~daisy

Melinda D. said...

Hi Daisy,
I have a fitbit, which I wear and it tracks my movements all day. http://melindasd.blogspot.com/2010/07/dieting-for-geeks.html

Post a Comment