Monday, April 4, 2011

My First 5K

After many, many weeks of training I completed my first 5K yesterday!!  I finished in 35 minutes and was so happy that I accomplished my goal that I got a little teary eyed at the finish line. Overall I kept my pace pretty steady but when I was about 3/4 of the way done I could feel myself hitting that invisible wall.  I even asked someone running next to me, "Are we in the homestretch yet?" and his reply was he was in his 4 of 5 homestretches for the day.  Five 5k's!  Now that's impressive.  Won't be me, but I'm impressed.

It's hard to believe that just a few months ago I had a hard time running longer than 5 minutes and now I'm up to 35 minutes!  It's no easy task for someone who isn't built like a runner but I'm so glad I did it. I can't wait for my next one!


Me and Nico after the race. He finished in 30:09!!
Me after the race (enjoying a well deserved beer)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats!

Melinda D. said...

Thanks Wilmar!!

Post a Comment